Saturday, May 31, 2008

Question....?

So... I have had a wonderful weekend with Katie Duffin and Shanci Slaughter. We has so much fun at the pool, spending the night at Katie's, and doing lots of activities. I had a blast. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed the company of these girls. But the result of this is the one question that I have that I NEED answered....

Why am I put in a ward (and I LOVE 1st ward. I would not change being there for the world..... all the amazing adults and people who help me get through hard times. It's one of the only wards that will do it's part for the stake and more) where I feel so alone? I DO NOT like the youth. I mean most of them are nice, I will give them that, but they NEVER, and I mean none of them in the Beehive program, go out of their way to make sure that I am ok... that I feel good in the ward. This really is a problem for me. It becomes an issue when you know longer feel welcome in the youth programs and activities at church. Also no one asks me to babysit or to come over. I really enjoy babysitting and I know, and this is not gloating, that I am wonderful with children. They are some of the only people that you can completly trust and I know that I love them.

So can you please responde to this... telling my WHY this is the way it is. I know that God wants me to face challenges but I HAVE prayed about it... numerous times. I have gone out of my way to call girls in the ward to hang out or I talk to them at church but they find a way to not talk to me... I need to kow why!

KATIE

5 comments:

Jill said...

hey katie. You are a good person and that all of us girls really do care about you. just wanted you to know that

*~Kennedy~* said...

Honestly, I don't know how to answer this. I'm sorry you feel so alone in your ward! You can always hang out with me! :) I'm here for you if you ever feel alone.

*~Kennedy~* said...

Oh, and I'm glad you had a fun time with Katie and Shanci. They're really fun to hang out with! They're really good girls and they really make you feel special and wanted, don't they?

*~Kennedy~* said...

One more thing. For the babysitting issue:

make business cards with your name, email address, phone number, and that you are certified

give it to young families in the ward

Women are generally impressed by business-like babysitters. Also, when you babysit, have them fill out the paper work that we got from GALS. Families usually don't have babysitters that ask for the information we do, so they are impressed by our concern.

This may or may not help, but it's the best I got.

Andrea M. said...

Hi Katie,
Well, I can only answer the bbsitting question here. As far as I'm concerned, I would love to have you bbsit for me. I only have one problem with that, and that comes in the form of your brother. It seems (at least it seems to me) that he has kind of claimed being the bbsitter for our family. Unfortunately, Becca doesn't seem to get along with him well for some reason (it doesn't seem to be his fault. As far as I can tell, he goes out of his way to be nice to her!). So, I feel stuck with just not calling you guys because I don't want to hurt your brother's feelings by not asking for him. Let me know if you have a way around that!