Monday, January 28, 2008

I am so proud of myself for keeping this blog up. Unlike someone I know (Kennedy :) ) U write on here almost daily. There is a reason for this...... this is my hundredth post!! I am so proud.

Now that the good things are out I have to say the bad. I am very sorry to say that the prophet, Gorden E. Hinkley, has passed away. But he will be remembered. He was 97 when he died and he had a wonderful, happy life.

So with all this I have had some questions that I have to ask. I don't want you to think that I am not a strong mormon and some of these I don't believe but I am just curious.

1. Is there really a heaven. I believe there is because OTHER people say that they know with all there heart there is. I believe there is one but I've never really felt it in me. Could it be something that was just made up so people could get ever death better?

2. Do dogs forget people. I know this may not seem relevent but it is. The passing of our prophet made me think of the passing of my grandmother which made me think of Charlie, my grandmas dog, who is not in possession of Sister Parsons. HAs he always been waiting for ust o pick him up? Does he remember us? Is he mad at us? Now I know you think it may be silly to ask these things but it really isn't. For some reason all of the sudden I feel bad about Charlie.

I hope that you will reply to this with what you think.
Katie

1 comment:

*~Kennedy~* said...

1. Of course there is a heaven! Don't you believe in God? Don't you believe that we're going to be with Him again like the Bible says? Isn't that one of the main beliefs of the LDS church: that there is an afterlife?

2. I'm not sure how to answer this question. I'm sure that dogs do remember people, or else Leo wouldn't know who you were everyday when you come home from school, right?