Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girls Camp

So.... now that I posted pictures I am going to talk a little about girls camp. I was asked to five a talk about camp this coming Sunday so we are going to have to see how that goes.

First, I have to say that this year I had amazing camp directors. Sister Mitchell and Sister Johnson are amazing. They spent their own money for us. We ended up getting 3 shirts, 2 bags, a thing to cover your eyes, a necklace, a hair pin, candy, sweatband, bandana, and bracelets. I think that was one of the best parts, seeing that our leader's cared enough to do that.

I also really enjoyed testimony rock. I posted many pictures of testimony rock on the post below. It was very spiritual. I think that it is amazing to see exactly where the fire and how "coincidently" it did not get our camp. That has to mean something in terms on the church.

I loved it when we did the scavenger as the ward. I think that was a great way to build frindships in the ward and to work together and show our shine as a "star." I applaude whoever came up with this fantastic idea. I really think that we had a good stake this year.

I would also like to talk about the program what was put on this year. I knew everyone who sang and talked at the program and I felt special. I really like seeing precious sing because I could tell that that was hard for her but she did it anyway because she loved the lord. Jessica was amazing- that is the only was to discribe it. And myriah is so musically talented. She is going to go far in life. It made you feel the spirit.

I would like to point out to Sister Golding that I finished the hike this year... in the FRONT! I was one og the first ones the whole way and it came easily to me. I didn't complain once... I was very proud. That was also a good experience.

So that is a small synopsis of my camp. Hope you read the whole thing.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Katie I was late to mutchel and couldn't tell them but I hope you fill better and i know you will do so good on your talk

Jill said...

Don't worry on your talk you will do fine! I know you will !

Unknown said...

Good luck on your talk, Katie. I know you'll do an amazing job!